Aviva Spectrum specializes in compliance control analysis, quality assessment reviews, internal audit, SOX, enterprise
risk, corporate governance, information technology auditing services and BlackLine Implementations.
The Director of Client Services is responsible for the management and performance of the Internal Audit and SOX engagements
as well as implementation of Accounting automation software “BlackLine.”
Aviva Spectrum is seeking to hire a Director, Client Services to be part of our team. The Director Client Services, assists
our clients with all aspects of internal audit and SOX compliance program, including planning, scoping, controls testing,
control deficiency resolution management and reporting. The Director, Client Services is also responsible for project
lead role for our BlackLine Implementation engagements. This position reports directly to the CEO.
Candidates will have extensive experience with all aspects of the SOX compliance process and will have the following job
- Drive the development of and maintenance of internal audit and SOX program. Planning
and managing the execution of engagement program in collaboration with executive management.
- Manage the completion of risk and materiality assessments, scoping documents and
risk and controls matrices across the organization including information technology.
- Review and direct activity to ensure proper accounting standards and internal controls
- Research and establish new policies and procedures.
- Oversee internal controls compliance and Sarbanes-Oxley reporting.
- Coordinate with external auditors and serve as main point of contact and liaison on SOX requirements, including ITGC
scoping and testing (including coordinating and assisting with or reviewing all deliverables).
- Work with business and technology control owners and leadership to appropriately and effectively scope, design and
review business processes and controls, reliance of third party assurance providers, and key system reports and
- Establish governance practices over SOX.
- Enhance internal audit functions to further align to company strategy and risk.
- Identify opportunities to effectively mitigate risk and improve business performance.
- Apply the concepts of Enterprise Risk Management to help companies identify, assess, mitigate and proactively consider
- Prepare analysis and presentations for reporting to the Audit Committee.
- Prepare BlackLine implementation project plan and best practices for deployment.
- Prepare and provide trainings for BlackLine products to end users.
The successful candidate is motivated, results-oriented, and has experience with entities that operate in complex and centralized
or decentralized structures. Candidates should also possess executive presence and business acumen to collaborate effectively
with senior management across the business. The successful candidate is a fast learner that can acclimate quickly in
a growth-oriented company with a strong culture of continuous improvement, work independently with little supervision,
possess a demonstrated ability to drive SOX compliance activities to completion, and serve as a strategic partner to
- Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree in one of the following: Accounting, Finance, Economics, Management, Business
- Certification(s) Preferred: CPA, or CIA and CISA as well as BlackLine certified implementer.
- A minimum of 6+ years business experience including.
- Experience with either a Big 4 accounting firm, or a Fortune 500 public company preferred
- Progressive track record of success in managing SOX compliance programs and activities.
- Experience with auditing internal controls over financial reporting
- Knowledge of IIA auditing standards, SEC financial reporting and US GAAP requirements, PCAOB (AS5) requirements, and
SOX requirements (§302, §404).
- Strong analytical, written/verbal communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills
- Systems knowledge and familiarity. Experience with BlackLine is strongly preferred.
- Ability to work effectively and foster collaboration across global teams, both on-site and remotely
- Ability to adapt to change quickly and multi-task
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Prior people management experience is also required.
- Ability to demonstrate a strong, business acumen and experience with influencing business partners with fact-based
data is required.